News - Fort Wayne Weekly Journal (IN)

Records: 5,624 · Complete: 100%

The "Fort Wayne Weekly Journal" was established in 1868 by Samuel Hanna and Thomas A. Taylor. After several ownership changes, in 1880 Thomas J. Foster purchased the newspaper and switched political allegiance to the Democratic party. A daily edition was added in 1881. The title changed ownership numerous times in the 1880s and 1890s, then combined with the "Gazette" to form the "Journal-Gazette" on June 14, 1899.

Continue reading ›

Source Information

Fold3, News - Fort Wayne Weekly Journal (IN) (/title/641/news-fort-wayne-weekly-journal-in :accessed June 6, 2020), database and images,

Publication Title
News - Fort Wayne Weekly Journal (IN)
Total Records
Records: 5,624 · Complete: 100%
Content Source
Allen County Public Library logoAllen County Public Library
Published on Fold3
October 12, 2009
Last Updated
January 21, 2011
Description
As it name implies, the "Fort Wayne Weekly Journal" was a weekly publication in Fort Wayne, Indiana.