Ohio 23rd Infantry (Union)
Explore all Battles and Regiments
Do you have information or corrections for this regiment? Let us know so we can get it right!
Regiment began on June 27th, 1861. Regiment mustered out of service on July 26th, 1865.
Regiment participated in:
- Carnifex Ferry fought on September 10th, 1861 near Nicholas County, West Virginia
- South Mountain fought on September 14th, 1862 near Frederick County, Maryland; Washington County, Maryland; Boonsboro, Maryland
- Antietam fought on September 17th, 1862 near Sharpsburg, Maryland
- Second Winchester fought on June 13th, 1863 - June 15th, 1863 near Frederick County, Virginia; Winchester County, Virginia
- Cloyd's Mountain fought on May 9th, 1864 near Pulaski County, Virginia
- Lynchburg fought on June 17th, 1864 - June 18th, 1864 near Lynchburg, Virginia
- Berryville fought on September 3rd, 1864 - September 4th, 1864 near Clarke County, Virginia
- Skirmish at Berryville, VA fought on September 4th, 1864
- Third Winchester fought on September 19th, 1864 near Frederick County, Virginia; Winchester, Virginia
- Fisher's Hill fought on September 21st, 1864 - September 22nd, 1864 near Shenandoah County, Virginia
- Cedar Creek fought on October 19th, 1864 near Frederick County, Virginia; Shenandoah County, Virginia; Warren County, Virginia