Shiloh National Cemetery
Shiloh National Cemetery is in the northeast corner of Shiloh National Military Park adjacent to the visitor center and bookstore. Buried within its 20.09 acres (81300 m2) are 3584 Union dead (of whom 2357 are unknown) who were re-interred in the cemetery created after the war in 1866. There are two Confederate dead interred in the cemetery. The cemetery operations were transferred from War Department to the National Park Service in 1933.
- bruceyrock632 - Anyone can contribute
- View count:
- 846 (recently viewed: 14)