8 July 1944 — Charleston, Arkansas
Genevieve Ann (Scheuer) Pennartz (b. 13 Nov 1915; m. 8 July 1944; d. 18 Aug 1977).
ACTIVITY DURING WWII:
ENLISTED 10 APRIL 1943 IN THE WOMEN'S ARMY CORPS AT HOBBS ARMY AIR FIELD, LEA COUNTY, NEW MEXICO. SERVED AS A TELEPHONE SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR, 462ND ARMY AIR FORCES BASE UNIT, CAMP PINEDALE, FRESNO, CALIFORNIA. HONORABLY DISCHARGED 5 MAY 1945.
Genevieve Ann Scheuer was the 7th child of Joseph Martin Scheuer and Mary Magdalen "Lena" Stark.
Joseph Martin Scheuer was born 9 March 1874 in Florence Township, Williams County, Ohio; and died 12 December 1961 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Godfather Peter Till & Marie Koble. Joseph Martin Scheuer married Mary Magdalen "Lena" Stark in 1906. Joseph and Lena had eight children:
- Maria "Marie" Emma (married Max Kopp 25 Feb 1928 in Littlefield, Texas).
- Lucille Elizabeth (married William Reitman).
- Margaret Agnes (married William John Bindel 20 June 1964 in Santa Fe, New Mexico).
- Joseph Martin, Jr. [married Velva Mae (Wilkerson) Cullaton 20 Oct 1951 in Van Buren, Arkansas].
- Rose Louise (married Brooks Powell Brininstool 20 Oct 1931 in Littlefield, Texas).
- Mary Magdalena "Lena" (married Leonard T. Seifert).
- Genevieve Ann Scheuer (born 13 Nov 1915 in Brookston, White County, Indiana; married Lenus Nicholas Pennartz 8 July 1944; died 18 Aug 1977 in Riverside, California; buried 24 Aug 1977 at Sacred Heart Cemetery in Charleston, Arkansas).
- John Dominic (married Marie Ellen Allgire in 1949).