In 1853 he was living in Cherokee County, Texas. By 1853, he and his family were living in Milford. He and Colonel Arvin Wright and J.M. Higgins laid off the town site. He opened the first store in 1854. He and his wife were charter members of The Milford Presbyterian Church. And he gave our town the name of MILFORD after a factory town in Massachusetts. He built the first house in Milford in 1853 on the site of which is now the two story hotel on Main Street. He was the first Postmaster appointed August 3, 1854. He was a very active citizen of our town and made a great contribution to its history.
Plot: Sec E-18