Paul Newman began his career as an actor but throughout his life he participated in a variety of activities. Newman performed in dozens of movies, eventually winning an Oscar for his role in The Color of Money. After excelling as an actor and director, Newman began a race-car driving company. His love for racing did not impede his entrepreneurial spirit, as he founded the food company Newman's Own in 1982. Paul Newman died of lung cancer on September 26, 2008, leaving behind a legacy not just on film, but in the racing and food worlds as well.
Connect me or another page to Paul Newman?+
World War II 2
- Actor, Director, Producer, and Philanthropist 2
- Claire Olivia: Born 1965 2
- Elinor Teresa: Born 1959 2
- Melissa Stewart: Born 1961 2
- Scott: Born 1950 2
- Stephanie: 31 Dec 1969 2
- Susan Kendall: Born 1953 2
- Announces retirement from acting: 2007 3
- Becomes a professional race driver: 1972 3
- Comes second in the Le Mans 24-hour race.: 1979 3
- Establishes Newman/Haas Racing team: 1983 3
- First movie role in Silver Chalice: 1954 3
- Makes acting debut in school play of Robin Hood: 1932 3
- Stars in Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid: 1969 3
- Stars in Emmy-nominated series Empire Falls: 2005 3
- Stars w/ Elizabeth Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof: 1958 3
- Wins honorary Oscar: 1986 3
- Wins Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award: 1994 3
- Wins Oscar for The Color of Money: 1987 3
Looking for more information about Paul Newman?
Search through millions of records to find out more.