Bea Arthur's most memorable roles were Maude and Dorothy from the classic television shows Maude and Golden Girls, respectively. Bea was a fantastic actress, comedian, and singer. She made America laugh through her husky voice and unique wit. Bea's shows addressed social issues and meant more to those who watched than just mindless comedy. Her comedic abilities will be remembered by the people who continue to laugh at her sitcoms and through all the areas of the film and theater industry to which she contributed.
Connect me or another page to Bea Arthur?+
World War II 2
- Marine Corps 2
- Actress, Comedian 2
- Children (Adopted):
- Daniel Saks: Born May 8, 1964 2
- Matthew Saks: Born July 14, 1961 2
- Appears in Broadway play Mame & wins Tony award: 1966 3
- Appears on All in the Family as Maude: 1971 3
- Gains acclaim in Fiddler on the Roof as Yente: 1964 3
- Nominated for a Tony for her show Bea Arthur: 2002 3
- Stars in her own series Maude, it runs for 6 years: 1972 3
- Stars in sitcom Golden Girls, runs for 7 seasons: 1985 3
- Won the Emmy award for Best Lead Actress in Maude: 1977 3
- Birth Name: Bernice Frankel 3
Looking for more information about Bea Arthur?
Search through millions of records to find out more.