West Valley City Utah
Granger Elementary was opened in 1955 to serve the growing population on the west side of the valley. The original school located at 2450 West 3800 South was sold and demolished in 2006. A new school is at 1950 West 3700 South. The new school officially opened in January 2008.
Granger Elementary School has been honored with two exciting achievement awards. It was selected to be a National Distinguished Title 1 School for the 2005-2006 school year and a National Blue Ribbon School 2006-2007 school year. Granger Elementary made Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) under the No Child Left Behind legislation for the 2007-2008 school year.
Granger Elementary serves approximately 870 students from pre-kindergarten through sixth grade.
26% are Caucasian
55% are Hispanic
10% are Asian
3% are African-American
1% are Native American
5% are Pacific Islanders
Computers and technology
The school has portable computer labs in each grade level using IBM/PC equipment. Students spend several hours per week working on computers studying word processing and graphics. They are also given programmed instruction in reading and math in the Title One computer lab.
Students promoted from this school will attend Valley Junior High and Granger High School.