— Europe, the Middle East, North Africa
- The First Crusade (1095-1099)
- The Second Crusade (1147-1149)
- The Third Crusade (1187-1192)
- The Fourth Crusade (1202-1204)
- The Fifth Crusade (1217-1221)
- The Sixth Crusade (1228-1229)
- The Seventh Crusade (1248-1254)
- The Eighth Crusade (1270)
- The Ninth Crusade (1271-1272)
Instigated by Pope Urban II, the First Crusade was undertaken the the objectives to claim Jerusalem from the Islamic people and free the Eastern Christians from Islamic rule.
The Second Crusade was a response to the fall of Edessa, first of the states formed by the Crusaders in Israel. These Crusaders were met with heavy casualties and didn't achieve their goal of retaking Edessa.