1860 — Clinton County, Missouri
from the Leahy Family History regarding Margaret (Sharpe) Leahy and her husband David Leahy:
David Leahy was born in Ireland, his father was John Leahy, who married Mary Henneberry on 31 Aug 1833.
Mary and John had six children:
1. David, (b. 1824) came to US, lived in Empire, Colorado. David married Margaret Sharpe in Illinois per Illinois marriage records. Per the census records, they were in Clinton County in 1860. Their first child was born in Illinois and their second in Missouri. The marriage record and the births agree with a genealogy found via FamilySearch that indicates their marriage as having been in Illinois or Missouri. Some genealogies record Margaret's surname as 'Shoop', yet this seems to be either a misunderstanding or phonetic spelling of 'Sharpe'.
2. Marcus John, (b. 1837), came to US [ (1837-1901). Buried in the Catholic Cemetery, Central City, Colorado with his wife and a number of his children: Find-a-Grave memorial # 28312242.]
3. John (1840 - 27 Dec 1894), came to US. John was born about 1840 and died 27 Dec 1894 of consumption at age 54. He is buried in the Catholic Cemetery, Central City, Colorado with several of his children: Find-a-Grave memorial # 28312241. His headstone says he was born near Queenstown, County Cork, Ireland. Queenstown was later renamed Cobh. Information from FamilySearch.org records Marcus John Leahy was born in Jamesbrook Townland, Garranekinnefeake Civil Parish, County Cork, which is adjacent to the city of Saleen and about 5 miles east of Cobh. John married Mary O’Brien on 9 Sept 1869.
4. Michael, stayed in Ireland
5. Margaret, married Mannix, came to US [ no further info ]
6. Nell, married Fitzgerald, came to US [ no further info ]
David and two of his three brothers came to the US from Ireland in 1856, several years after the potato famine. All three eventually moved to Colorado. David died in 1872 in Georgetown, Clear Creek County, Colorado. His wife Margaret died a few years later and their children were raised by David's brother John, in Central City, Colorado.