Slaves at Richfield Plantation, Estate of Henry Faber, Charleston, SC, 1840
The estate inventory of Henry F. Faber of Charleston, filed in 1840, lists the names and family relationships of 142 slaves at Richfield Plantation in Charleston, SC. We invite you to contribute to this page.
Photos (2) Add Images
Places mentioned on this page
Connected Pages Add Page
Links Add Link
About this page
Anyone can contribute to this page. Please sign in or sign up—it's free.
There are no facts. Add Fact
142 Slaves at Richfield Plantation in Family Groups, Estate of Henry Faber, Charleston, SC, 1840
1840 | Richfield Plantation, Charleston, SC
The estate inventory of Henry F. Faber of Charleston, filed in 1840, lists the names and family relationships of 142 slaves at Richfield Plantation in Charleston, SC.
We invite you to contribute to this page.
To view the document, please click on the images attached to this page.
This record was indexed and made searchable by Alana Thevenet.
Enslaved ancestors, listed in family groups were:
· Cato - Head Driver, Sibby his wife & Neptune & Israel their children
· George - Second Driver, Fatima his wife & Paris, James & Sam their children
· Juba - Mother of Fatima
· Marcus & Caty his wife, & July & Nabby their children
· Thomas & Nancy his wife & Sue their child Stephney an orphan, Sary his sister
· Tinah & Die her child & Celia
· Barbary & Mary & Sary her children
· Nanny & Little Charley her child
· Old Lucy
· Stephne & Phoebe his wife, Amey her child
· Jacob & Sibly his wife
· Jimmy & Harriett his wife
· Lidy & Daniel her child
· Porter & Jinny his wife
· Sibby & Pollux, Prince & Crommel her grandchildren
· Belfour & Eve his wife
· Dick & Judy his wife & Lucy her sister
· Will & Daphne his wife
· Jacob & Fatima his wife
· Ephraim & Charlotte - brother and sister
· Betsey & Jeannette her child, Botelle Laurens, Peter, Toney, Hannah her children
· Josiah & Caty his wife
· Hannibal & Jenny his wife
· Liberty & Caty his daughter
· Tommy & Rachael his wife
· Toney & Silvy his wife, Bongy & Jimmy her children
· January & Bella his wife
· Lidy & Tamer her daughter
· Maria Old & Nanny her daughter & Sally her daughter
· Patty Old & Mary
· Monimia Old & Nanny her daughter & Titus her son & Philippi her daughter
· Ben her brother
· Jim & Die his wife
· Cuffy & Die his wife
· Jinny Old Nurse & Bella her daughter
· Israel & Pender her children
· Ben & Peggy his wife,
· Daniel & Nancy her children
· Billy & Maria his wife and Delia & Peter & Paul their children
· Solomon and Margaret his wife
· Abraham & Auber his wife, Sammy, Richard & Buck their children
· Ned & Baubette his wife and Prince their child
· Hardy & Scinda his wife
· Scipio and Nelly his wife, Chloe, Phillis her sister
· Monday and Leah his wife
· Hagar her sister
· Harry and Maria his wife
· Betty Old and Sophia & Charley adopted children
· John & Charity his wife
· Venus and January her son
· Peter and Dolly his wife and Eliza her child
· Harry & Flora his wife, Tampsen & Belinda & Jenny and Aleck her children
About This Document - Volunteer to Index This Free Collection
This document was digitized as part of a collaborative effort between Footnote, Lowcountry Africana, the South Carolina Department of Archives and History and FamilySearch, to digitize all surviving Charleston, SC Estate Inventories, 1732-1872 and Bills of Sale, 1773-1872, for a FREE Footnote collection.
When the project is complete, the names of more than 30,000 enslaved ancestors will be preserved in this FREE collection, for generations to come.
This remarkable collection contains the name of every slave ever listed in a surviving estate inventory for Charleston, SC from colonial times to Emancipation. Many of the post-Civil War inventories list the names of former slaves as well. You can volunteer to help index this FREE collection, to make the records searchable.
To learn more please CLICK HERE.
This document was indexed and made searchable by Alana Thevenet.