Camp Main Plantation was located on the Santee River in Georgetown District, SC. The principal crop was rice. Originally the property of Thomas Horry, Camp Main passed at his death to son Elias Horry IV .
The book Mary's World: Love, War and Family Ties in Nineteenth Century Charleston contains numerous references to Camp Main Plantation. In the tumultuous days following the end of the Civil War, questions arose about ownership of plantations and the goods upon them. On 8 Aug 1865 the following notice was sent to Freedmen at Camp Main:
"The Freed men and women now residing on the plantation of Mrs, T.S. Horry in Georgetown District are informed that, although their freedom has been secured as a result of the war, the lands, buildings, furniture and animals, including the swine, still belong to the planter, and that they have no right or title to any of them, except by purchase, gift, or in some other way obtaining a right of ownership. The property not being theirs, if they injure or destroy it, they are liable to be punished ."
By 1867 Frank Frost planted at Camp Main after entering a labor contract with Freedmen who planted in return for a share of the crops .
 National Register Nomination, Milldam Plantation, Georgetown County, SC. Full-Text of Nomination and photos available online from the South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
 Brig. General Beale, Headquarters, Military District, Eastern SC, Darlington, 8 Aug 1865, quoted in Cote, Richard N. 2000 Mary's World: Love, War and Family Ties in Nineteenth Century Charleston. Corinthian Books, pp. 261-262.
 Cote, Richard N. 2000 Mary's World: Love, War and Family Ties in Nineteenth Century Charleston. Corinthian Books.