He was born Oct. 2, 1923, in Chelsea, Mass., and came to Venice in 1999 from Indianapolis. He retired in 1989 as owner and CEO of Indiana Brace Co. He was instrumental in the implementation of instituting orthotics and prosthetics courses in universities throughout the nation, including Northwestern and UCLA, and held the patent on tools used in his profession. He was a Naval veteran of World War II, serving on the Battleship Massachusetts. He was a 45-year member of the Masons and was a member of the Rotary International and the golf club at Capri Isles. He was a member of Grace United Methodist Church.